Last week you may have heard the boom of a very close lightening strike in SBV. Unfortunately, it struck the Cherif home at 8710 Stone Village Lane. The fire trucks responded and assured there was no continuing danger. They removed drywall in a front room as the lightening grounded down a gutter system drainpipe and may have damaged electrical wiring. The power was later turned off. Neighbors saw smoke swirling from the roof but no fire was sustained. Nice job Houston Fire Department… they responded in minutes.